Sunday, June 17, 2012

Excuse me for a second while I toot my own horn [toot! toot!] but I am so proud of myself.  The temptations were at an all time high this weekend and I managed to fight back my inner fatty and resist.

Kim = 1/Inner Fatty = 0  In yo face!

So, yesterday was the ribfest which is basically a big BBQ cookoff with music, kids jumpy houses, games and fair food.  A good excuse to stuff your face with meat. [get you're mind out of the gutter you little piggy]  I'm talking fall off the bone ribs & pulled pork, must I say more?!

The day was gorg, the place was packed and the food options were making my head spin.



I'll be honest and say that I could have put down a full rack of ribs.  I wanted to. But I didn't.  Instead I went with a pulled pork sandwich and it was out of this world dee-lish.


I was good and didn't eat the bread.  Well, one bite of the saucy soggy part on the bottom but that's it, I swear.  Adam got my ribs and I only took a tiny piece of one. Just for taste.


Which I regretted almost immediately b/c then the I want a full rack or ribs thoughts came back.  But again, I was good.

And then this happened.


Not me.  Ava.  She did give me a big bite though.  And of course, it was amazeballs.  I easily could have put one of those away as well, but I didn't.  And for the 1st time in long time I felt in control again.    

And when we left I wasn't button busting full but I was satisfied.  And I felt good. 






    

No comments: