Monday, May 14, 2012

Ever go to a party thinking the dress code was one way only come to find out it was actually the other?  That was us this weekend.  We were that couple.  The underdressed.  Yeah.  
So, we went to a 25th anniversary party on Saturday thinking it was a casual affair and come to find out we were wrong.  Like way wrong.  Like, most people were dressed like they were at the actual wedding that happened 25 years ago wrong.  We were in jeans, they were in dresses & ties.  Wrong.  Holy embarrassing!  Talk about feeling uncomfortable.  I already hate the way all my clothes fit since having Lia and then on top of that we're underdressed?  [Cue me wanting to crawl under the fancy table cloth and hide.]
The good news is that we only knew one other couple other than anniversary couple and will most likely never see any of those people again [If I can help it].


But thankfully my Sunday was much better.  I got spoiled with breakfast in bed [egg beater omelette! Go Adam!], some new bling for my Pandora bracelet and a "voucher" for me to pick out new rollerblades.  We went out to lunch [pizza], mulled around on the beach, got ice cream, had a little popcorn, [I know guys, I was bad, but it was mothers day, geesh] and the girls and I planted our annual mothers day flowers out front.  I'm a lucky Mommy!


As for the new rollerblades, I went last Friday with my old jalopies and spent the entire weekend with my feet on fire.  



I had a blast though and now I'm dying to go again.  But my feet seriously could not take the another day of that abuse.  Back in my rollerblading hay-day I actually used to be pretty good.  I'd race & set my orange cones up and weave in and out backwards.  But those babies gotta be at least 10 years old.  Seriously worn.  And they're Mens.  They hurt.    
At the time, those were some of the best skates.  I didn't care that they were mens; they were fast and comfy and I loved them for many years.  But now the wheels are all jacked up and the boots kill.  So, I maybe kinda sorta hinted that I wanted new ones.  Now I just gotta go pick 'em out.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the weatherman is a big fat liar and it's not gonna rain all week so I can try them out once I do.

No comments: