Friday, May 11, 2012

I strongly believe that successful weight loss is achieved by following a 70/30 rule.  70% emphasis on diet and 30% on exercise.  Now, I don't know if that's an official "rule" per say, but it's what works for me.

Take this week for example.  I walked for an hour 3x's this week on top of 3 casual 1/2 hr walks after dinner with the fam.  And when I weighed in this morning, I gained +0.6 lbs.
Why?
B/c I ate too much.  My food choices were good, but my portions were not.  So, even though I was walking my arse off, I slacked on the food side and the scale reflected that.

What sucks is not that I gained, well, that kinda sucks, I mean hello, I'm trying to lose weight, but I'm not really concerned with .6, the sucky part is that even though any exercise is good for your health, it was essentially pointless when it comes to the effort of losing weight.  That's annoying.

Eat less + move more = lose weight

And I know all of this.  And I'm working on it.  And sometimes it's hard to practice what you preach.






No comments: