Thursday, May 17, 2012


I wonder how big Target is?  Like how many sq ft is it?  I ask b/c today I used mine to get my cardio in.  Say wha?   
I don’t know how the weather is where you live, but here in New Hampshire, it’s been rainy off and on for weeks.  Rainy, muggy and miserable.  And when you have a 3 month old that’s too young to drop at the gym daycare and walking is your primary source of exercise, well, that means you’ve got to get creative.
Some of you know from facebook that on occasion I like to race the 80 year olds power walking the mall.  Those folks think they’re so fast with their black shoes velcrowed nice and tight.  But I gotchu gramps.  AND your wife.  But as with most things, I got tired of the mall so I decided to hit up Target instead.
And so there I was, 9 am zig zagging up and down every aisle Target has.  Both floors.  I hit just about every square inch of that store, minus the small sections in clothing that my BOB wouldn’t fit though.  I must have had about 20 different employees ask me if I need help finding something.  Surely I must have, I mean, look at me, I was going up and down every aisle clearly looking for something right?  I can imagine what security was thinking when they were watching me on camera.  Crazy mom.  I also picked up a few bargains along the way.  2 pairs of shoes for $8.98 each & a skirt and shirt for lia for less than $5.00 total.  I did have to walk longer than my usual 1 hr just b/c I stopped to look at things a few times, but at the end of my 2 hours, I was actually sweating and I was happy that I didn’t let the weather keep me from getting a little cardio in.
Last year at this time, I was hitting the gym 3-5 days a week.  Now, that’s just not possible with a new baby.  And I know there are people out there who can’t get to the gym either, whether it’s due to scheduling, finances or children.  And that’s the point of this post.  You don’t need a gym membership to workout and lose weight. Get moving, go for a walk, run around with your kids, go rollerblading, running, biking.  Walk Target.  Get creative.    

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh I wish I had read this before I made a trip to Target today. Awesome on getting in a creative workout today at Target. I totally agree about not having to have a gym membership to get in a great work. Keep up the great work.