Friday, May 25, 2012

Let me start off by saying I thought for sure I'd gain this week.  I was a lazy tracker.
And by lazy I mean I didn't track one.single.thing I put in my mouth this week.  And even though I tried to make good food decisions [story of my life], I didn't weigh or measure anything and for me, that typically leads to a gain.  So when I lost .4 I was cool with it.  Yeah, it's a sucky loss.  Pretty much nothing, but whatevs, it's not a gain.  I guess that's good right?  (((sigh)))

I'm gonna be honest here and let you all know that I haven't been trying to lose weight.  What the what???  I know.  Let me explain.  I wanna lose weight, obvs, but I haven't been trying.  B/c if I was, I'd be losing.  I've been half assing it.  I've been doing the minimum.  Just enough to get by and not gain.  Sure, I've been walking during the week but that's just to make up for the amount of food I've been consuming.  It's hard this time you guys.  Real hard.  Here's what it comes down to:

Trying to lose weight when you have a newborn sucks.

I'm not going to give you all the excuses as to why b/c that's just what they are, they're excuses.  And I'm sure you can figure it out anyway, especially all you other moms out there.  But yeah, it's tough.

Today I am committing to losing weight.  I'm not just going to try, I'm going to do it.
B/c we all deserve it.  Me. Ava & Lia. Adam.  I deserve to be happy & healthy.
They deserve a happy healthy mom & wife.  So I'm going to do it.
And it's worth it, the hard work.  It's worth every walk, all the tedious food measuring, the tracking, you name it.  It's all worth it.
I should know, I've already been there.
        

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah don't you love it when you think your going to have a gain, but end up having a loss.

Yes 0.4 loss is awesome! Remember even all the small losses do add up.

Yeah! I love that your committing to losing weight and your so right you deserve it and so does your family.