Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Warrior Dash 2011 Recap

In the last post before my hiatus I mentioned having the Warrior Dash coming up. But since I abandoned this place, I didn't get a chance to let you all know how it went and since it was pretty awesome, I figured it was worth the late recap.

Leading up to it, I was excited but super super nervous.  You see, I was 6 weeks pregnant at the time and my energy level was at an all time low [Mom's out there, you know what i'm talking about.  Hello 1st trimester exhaustion!].  I of course was concerned about doing it being pregnant and all but my Dr assured me it was fine since it was still so early and to continue my current workout schedule.  But to be honest, the day I found out I was pregnant, all motivation went out the window.  Being pregnant consumed my me.  And I don't just mean physically.  My every waking moment was spent reading and researching pregnancy.  Re-familiarizing myself with what happens at what stage, etc.  Tracking food and making time to workout was no longer a priority.  And slowly my running stamina started to diminish.  And yeah that was totally frustrating and depressing.  Heck, I had just run my 1st 5k two months prior and my level of fitness had never been better.  But even so, I was still committed to doing the dash.  I had already signed up and we had a pretty good group of us doing it.  So when the day came, I psyched myself up and was ready to rock it.

And we did.  

Excited and nice and clean before the start of the race

A minute in and not so nice and clean anymore. It poured the entire day before the race which made the course even muddier than planned.  It was impossible to run

 
Most of the obstacles were kinda lame.  Not gonna lie though, this picture kinda makes me feel like a badass

We were literally up to our knees in mud

1 hr 5 mins later & I was finished

After with our medals and warrior hats.  Everyone celebrated with huge mugs of beer.  Except me.

With some of our crew. See what I mean with the mugs

My favorite sneaks. I knew they were gonna get ruined and these had a hole in them [from months hardcore working out thatsrightbitches!] but I couldn't part with them and brought them home to see if I could salvage them

However, most of the other folks tossed theirs

I opted out of the fire hose blast [seriously, it was a real fire hose!] they offered to get clean and rinsed with the gallon of water we brought.  You have no idea how good it felt to wash up and change into clean clothes

And that was that. 


So yeah, it was pretty awesome.  I felt great afterwards.  Pumped.  Accomplished.  Proud.  Still dirty.  
Now we're looking forward to doing it again this year.  I've got until September to get my ass in gear.  And this time I'll be under and hour.