Friday, April 27, 2012

The dirty details

I know, I know, a lot of you are probably wondering exactly how much weight I gained.  When I say I gain a shit-ton of weight, what exactly does that mean right?  How fat am I?
Well, I'm pretty fat.  Fat for me.  Fat for my height.  Fat compared to where I was.  And I gained way more than I should have with this pregnancy.  Think of it this way; I had been eating healthy and really watching my portion sizes for a good 2 years.  So when I had an "excuse" to eat, I took advantage of it.  Yeah.  I went a little nuts.
So, here's the dirty details aka the numbers aka how fat I got.

6.14.11, first Drs appt: 167.5 lbs
2.10.12, three days before I had Lia: 235.7 lbs!
Thats a gain of 68.2 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow.  Almost 70 lbs.  Seven-Zero.  Seventy.  Seventy freaking pounds!  How embarrassing.  Only 20 lbs from my original starting weight of 255 lbs 3 years ago.  Gawd.

I came home from the hospital extremely sore from my c-section [as expected] and I knew my activity would be limited for quite a while.  Plus, things were def hectic in the house with a 5 yr old and a newborn.  But I was determined to start getting this weight off.  So I concentrated on food.  I started by watching my portion sizes and slowly started making healthier choices [think lots of salads and grilled chicken].  Activity would come later.
 
Three weeks post partem, once I was able to drive again, I re-joined weight watchers and started attending the meetings.  Jumped right back in head first.  Measuring, weighing, tracking, drinking lots of water, all that jazz.  I know what works for me, and thats it.  Soon as I felt up for it, I added in some light activity and started walking with Lia while Ava's in school.  Outside when it's nice and at the mall with the old folks when it's not so nice out.  It's small stuff but I'm feeling like I'm starting to find my balance of eating less & moving more.  And it's all starting to come together.  

This a.m. I weighed in at WW at 212 lbs.  That's -23.7 lbs!  It's working.

I can't tell you how tough it was for me putting all those numbers out there.  It's embarrassing.  But in a way it's motivating for me as well.  The accountability of it.  If I'm going to share my ups, it's only fair that I share my downs too right?

So that's where I was and this is where I'm at.  Still quite a ways from goal but on my way.
 


To those of you who have commented here, on facebook & youtube  or emailed me messages of congratulations & encouragement, thank you.  You have no idea how much it means to me.  



                 



 

No comments: