Friday, July 13, 2012

Look what I saw on the scale this am:


197 baby! And I barely made it.
Honestly? Honestly I was going to post mid week and say that I retracted my 197 lb goal.  I was struggling all week and had a lot of "ah screw it" moments after bad choices. Which then led to more bad choices. Always does.
But I've been on track with my walking, going every night. And my main meals have been good, it's just the snacking that's been tripping me up.
So overall, I guess you could say I'm on track. I have some room for improvement, which I plan to work on this week. Less snacking. And when I do, smaller portions, less frequent. The usual stuff I need to work on.

I'm losing weight, obvs, but every day is a constant struggle. It's a lot of me knowing what to do to lose weight and then convincing myself to do it. I wonder if eventually it'll become 2nd nature? B/c even after I lost over 100 + lbs, I was still struggling. And It only gets harder once you reach maintenance.
So I'm guessing this is just something I'm going to have to deal with for the rest of my life. Which I'm ok with. But it sucks at the same time.
Either way, I know it's worth it. Every time I skip dessert, its worth it. Every time I go for a walk when I really want to bunk of the couch, it's worth it. And every time I don't go back for seconds or eat fruit instead of chips or measure and weigh my portions or order the chicken instead of the pasta at a restaurant, it's worth it. It's all worth it.

No comments: