Monday, July 9, 2012

Last night I set a pretty big weight loss goal. Lose 50 lbs by April 2013. I've never set a goal like that before. A dated weight loss goal. A lose this amount of weight by this date goal. But I feel like I need it. I need something to work towards. Or else I could go on losing weight for however long and yeah I'll eventually lose it, but when? How long? Why wait?

So April. Why April? Well, we're planning to go to Aruba in April and although I'm more than 50 lbs from my final goal of 140 lbs - 145 lbs, I think it's an attainable goal that will still require me to lose consistently. And what better incentive than to look good on a tropical island in a bathing suit?

And yeah, I'm putting it out there. 50 lbs by April. Do it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You totally just inspired me to set up my own weight loss goal too. I really like your working towards a goal. I have a convention that I'm going to be attending at the end of May and my goal is to be 60 pounds lighter by then. Let's both do this and reach our goals.

Kim Zay said...

That's awesome! I love it! Can't wait to see you reach your goal too!