Tuesday, July 3, 2012


I've been wanting a new pedometer for a while now.  The cheap one I previously had was really inaccurate and made that annoying clicking sound whenever you moved.  I hated it and eventually it got buried in no mans land somewhere in my house once I stopped using it.  Junk.
  
Then I started hearing chatter about the fitbit that seemed to be gaining popularity, so I decided to check it out.  Admittedly, I was a bit hesitant to spend $100 on it but the reviews were great and the fact that you don't have to pay for a monthly subscription like some of the other fitness trackers out there was appealing to me. So, I bit the bullet and picked one up yesterday.  Walking has always been my primary source of exercise so I figured it would be a good investment.
  
I started using it yesterday afternoon and this morning and so far, it's pretty cool. And super accurate.  The goal is to get 10,000+ steps/day.  Totally do-able. Should be interesting to see how much I really move throughout the day.  I'm actually pretty excited to start using it daily.  I'm a totally techie and I love gadgets and graphs, numbers, stats, etc so it should be fun.   

We'll see.  Either way, I'll be sure to give a review next week and let you know how I like it.      

No comments: